Rune stone # Sö 308 - Vid järnvägen (At the railway), Södertälje
The runestone which dates from the eleventh century is slightly damaged and has previously been fifty meters further south along the railroad tracks in Södertälje. It was moved in 1888 to the park behind the city hotel and in 1933 to its current location at the railway station.
Öpir has signed the inscription / carving and he is one of the rune masters from who there are most signed rune stones still left, about 60 pieces. He came from Uppland and Öpirs rich production has been the subject of special studies and include suggestions that the stones that bears his name, in fact, are the products of a traveling workshop, a company with several employeed carvers and that the master himself just signed the rocks and only exceptionally self carved one or another.
*hulmfastr roþelfr (let)u (ri)sta run(a) a … … ikifast suni sina iʀ uaRu huastr in ybir risti*
"Holmfast (och) Rodälv läto rista runorna efter … (och efter) Ingefast, sina söner. De voro österut. Men Öpir ristade"
"Holmfast (and) Rodälv had the runes carved in memory of … …(and )Ingefast, their sons. They were in the east. And Öpir carved"